Well, I guess not “technically” according to the date, BUT in our hearts- it is! So we decided to put together a list of some of our favorite local fall spots/activities that the whole family can enjoy!
If you’re anything like us then you’ve been waiting to light your fall scented candles, for football to come back on TV, to go to a pumpkin patch, order your first pumpkin spice latte and enjoy everything this season has to offer. So here’s a list of our fall must do’s!
If you’re looking for pumpkin picking, hayrides, petting zoo’s, corn mazes, fresh apple cider and more, then you have to visit one (or all) of these local favorites!
- Simmons Farm–Simmons Farm Fall Activities begin on September 15th, 2018. They offer 5 acres of pumpkins, a hay maze and a corn maze, a petting zoo and more!
- Trax Farm–they have a pumpkin patch, petting zoo, corn maze and more! They also have an entire building filled with crafts and decorations from fall to Halloween, to thanksgiving andChristmas! They also offer fresh pressed apple cider and other delicious foods and desserts.
- Springhouse–I mean come on, the Springhouse is a local favorite all year round thanks to their delicious food, but they also fall activities starting on September 28th-October 31st. On Saturday’s and Sundays they have a hayride and pumpkin patch open to the public from 11am-5pm.
If you’re looking to find fall crafts and have a day of shopping then look no further than the Hickory Apple Festival, the Houston Pumpkin Festival and the Christmas Arts and Crafts Festival! I try my hardest, (work permitting), to make it to these festivals every year. This could be a fun girls day or fun for the whole family!
- Hickory Apple Festival:October 6th and 7th starting at 10am-5:30pm.
- Houston Pumpkin Festival: October October 12th, 13th & 14th – please check their website for opening/closing times as well as parade/event times as they’re not released yet!
- Christmas Arts and Crafts Festival: This festival is my personal favorite and is held on 2 weekends in October! The first weekend is October 19th, 20th, 21st, and the second is October 27th and 28th! Hours for Friday the 19th are 10am-5pm, Saturday the 20th and 27th hours are 10am-6pm, and Sunday the 21st and 28th hours are 10am- 5pm.
Now, if you’re If you’re looking for more Halloween type activities Kennywood is always a good choice!
- Kennywood offers a “Happy Hauntings” this event is for little ones 10 years old and under! They can dress up in their costumes and enjoy some of the rides in Kiddieland as well as a hayride to other sections of the park that are not open for the fall season! This event is every Saturday starting on October 6th-28th and the hours are 12pm-4pm.
- Phantom Fright Nights: For kiddo’s who are older and adults who like to be scared (not me personally, Im scared of my own shadow, but I’m told other people enjoy these kinds of things) Kennywood also offers Phantom Fright Nights which offers haunted houses inside the park, as well as select rides being open and of course, the famous Potato Patch Fries! Phantom Fright nights start on Saturday, September 28th and go until Halloween. **Not recommended for children under 13**
These are just a few of our favorite spots we love going to during the fall season, so we figured we would share them with you! Let us know what your favorite fall actives and must do’s are!
**Please check the websites for these events for time and date changes due to our ever changing fall weather!**