Hey all! Today we are talking about something that we think most people need a little bit of help with… balance. We all have so much on our plates and it is difficult to divide our time and attention amongst everything on our to-do list. It also seems like everyone is competing to see who is the busiest or who has the most stressful schedule. It doesn’t have to be this way! There is no prize for pushing yourself to the point of exhaustion, promise!
Our tips for finding balance:
- Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize! First and foremost, you have to sit down and think about all of the things that you have committed yourself to. Which are absolutely non-negotiable? Which could you do without? You have to be honest with yourself throughout this process. If finding time for your hobby, whatever that may be, keeps you sane- then girl, MAKE THE TIME! The dishes can wait. Your 17th episode of whatever on Netflix can wait. But being your best self- that’s something that absolutely cannot wait.
- Make some cuts! Maybe after you look at your schedule, you realize that you just can’t do all the things. That is ok! Sometimes there are certain seasons of life that are busier than others and you have to be a little bit flexible.
- Compromise. So after reviewing your demanding schedule, maybe you’re stumped as to how you can lessen your schedule. Maybe you don’t need to completely get rid of an obligation- maybe you just need to change it up a little bit. Instead of going to the gym several times a week, try working out from home. You’re still getting the exercise, but you aren’t spending extra time in the car.
- Commit. This might be easier said than done, but you have to commit to the changes that you have decided on! Change is hard, but you will always be starting back at square one if you continue to give up. If you want something enough, you will find a way. As I write this, I can think of a million other things that I could be doing, but I’ve committed to THIS while my son naps. The laundry will still need folded, but there will literally always be laundry. Or dishes. Or whatever. It can wait.
- Reflect. Things are always changing, so expect your efforts in finding balance to do the same. What you decide on today might not work next week, or next month. That’s ok! When we started this blog, it was terrible timing. (You can check out that post here.) But, we decided it was important to us and so we shuffled things around. We set aside time each week to get together and create content- plus, we both find time to work on things individually because our schedules are very different. The point is, we saw that something wasn’t working how we originally thought it would and we made some changes. You have to be open to switching things up instead of just giving up.
We can’t be everything all the time. What are some ways you need to find balance in your life? Do you think you can use any of our tips in your own life?